Followers

Apr 9, 2011

Saturday Offering

Well I promised myself I would clean and cook today, but I always say I do not do either of those jobs, so you won't be surprised that I made a card instead!!  I did the sketch challenge (from earlier in the week) from SCS.






I liked this result, it was a clean simple layout, I got to stamp a background, and used my Big Shot to emboss and cut, and I got to do a little colouring.  The colouring is important as it is a new direction to me and I am liking the results I am getting.





I mounted the image and the sentiment after I overlapped them to give some dimension, and embellished the inside with the off cuts of my background stamping.  No waste!!





And I used some brads to embellish the corners, top and bottom.  Yes it has everything I love..... including being mainly monochromatic!!!  Don't you just love it??

LoveLaurenxx

7 comments:

April said...

I do love it! My kind of card, being monochromatic!! I love that lighthouse and how you colored it up!!

Darlene said...

Love lighthouses, have several in my stamping collection. This is a great layout and color combo. Like the extra piece on the inside of the card too! Your coloring is great too, keep it up!!

Unknown said...

I do love it. The coloring on lighthouse is great. I tend to do monochromatic also.

Carol W said...

Oh Lauren, What a great guy card...I love it...am a fan of nautical anyway and this is just awesome...

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great card, Lauren! I love how you lightly colored the image. The diamonds on the diagonal are perfect with the different textures.

Sam said...

I love the lighthouse image. I NEED it!!! I love lighthouses!!!

Beautiful card BTW!!!!

~Paola~ said...

gorgeous color combo and layout!!
A very beautiful men;s card Lauren...*Love it*!!!