Followers

Jul 9, 2011

Sizzix Tim Holtz Bird Cage Die....


Well finally I have made a card with this die.  I ordered it ages ago and it came about a month ago when life was a little hectic, so didn't use it.  I cut it out as I always do that with new dies, and I admired the die cuts.

The die is just beautiful and I love the way Sizzix dies cut so cleanly every time.  I just need a money tree in the backyard..... yeah right, stop dreaming and get on with it I say.

I decided to make a Christmas Card with it as the silver cage goes so well with burgundy and forest green.  I put an impression on the cage with a fiskars texture plate.  I love using plates and folders.  Cut some branches and flowers and molded the cage to appear rounded.  Pearl centres for the flowers and a hook and bow at the top of the cage.

And birdie was inked with a swirl stamp and he is holding the sentiment in his beak.....  I have seen a bird holding ribbon sentiments before, cannot remember where.

LoveLaurenxx

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Lauren!!!
{insert your little jumping guy here!}
This is scrumptious! I love how you textured the bird cage and then rounded it out from the card face. So very clever. The colors are beautiful together. Were the flowers die cut as well or did you use punches?
The end result is wonderful!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Lauren, this card is beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love all the details - like the rounded birdcage, the lovely flowers, the Christmas sentiment! It is a masterpiece!!!

muscrat said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lauren!!

Terry Ladwig said...

Very pretty Lauren! Love that you made it a Christmas card too...it's perfect ☺

April said...

Wowzers! Love this....and look, you are one up on Christmas cards!!