Followers

Feb 5, 2011

Metal, Metal, Foil and Metal

This year I have promised myself that I will post regularly, hopefully at least weekly... let's see how I go....

For the last little while I have been playing with foil, stamping it, embossing it, trying all sorts of things and have had many disasters, but have come up with some embellishments done in the Big Shot that I like.




These have been made using aluminium cans, yes that's right, those old coke cans work wonders. Just cut the can open (very carefully), flatten it out a little to stop it curling up and then colour it with StazOn ink!!! So easy. I used a texture stamp by Lucy's Stamps called Blotch. It is a nice chalk/brushed linen type that gives a great mottled effect.


For this card I haved used a Spellbinders cut and emboss die (daisy??) and it gives a great embossed and detailed flower, a flourish for the 'stem' and some white stamping on black, ribbon trim and done!!


This card has a flower made from scraps of foil, punched and assembled to create a different flower. The butterfly made with Spellbinders cut and emboss die (butterfly no??), and I have layered a different colour under the wing holes to give a slightly different effect. A different flourish, some ribbon and bling all attached to a textured lattice background.



Ahh this one is my favourite. Again the butterfly, a stamped flower (penny black) on black mounted on spellbinders scallop rectangle to create a focal, ribbon and tag and all placed on white embossed background. Oh yes the stamping is white ink on black cardstock, then coloured with watercolour pencils and highlighted with white pencil and white gel pen.

Think that's enough for this week.

LoveLaurenxx

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Lauren, these are simply beautiful! You are very talented. Lovely colours and shapes.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Lauren, these cards are stunning! Love what you've done with metal... wow! I would have never thought to try that. Now I want to do so. You've inspired me! Thanks!!!