Followers

Dec 30, 2011

Christmas Tags just like Tim Holtz but different....

I wanted to make something for my friends Julie and Helen (crafting buddies) because they really are so very kind to me.  While keeping my eye on the Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas, I thought what a wonderful idea for a keepsake for them both.  This is what I came up with.

This is a handcut chipboard tag, painted with Adirondak paint dabber Lettuce and stamped with pine trees in silver metallic pigment ink.  Christmas paper is torn and layered on with cream, then deep green and a christmas ribbon.  Noel is die cut chipboard, inked with silver metallic and frosted with Crystal Ice Stickles.

A handmade pointsettia, layered over punched fern fronds is snow tipped with Crystal Ice Stickles.  A hinged ring, decorated with ribbon scraps is attached to the bottom corner.

A flourish is die cut from an aluminium can (love recycling) and the baubles from scrap papers decorated with tiny pearls, rhinestones and tiny bows.

All of this is finished with a ribbon tie and bow with a stick pin inserted.  Then the whole thing is sprayed with a little pearl spritz with a little glue included to sprinkle glitter over.

I am really pleased with the result and the girls love them.

LoveLaurenxx

No comments: