Followers

Dec 17, 2011

T is for Tree

This card was made for the Alphabet Challenge Fill In for this week on SCS hosted by DellsDani.  She put out the challenge to find a card we had made for the challenge in previous weeks, one we liked and remake it.  Well I chose a card that I thought I could do much better with and remade it.

 So this is the remake with the image from SU lovely as a tree, I brayered a background and then stamped the image, stamped some birds and sponged the hillside. Put it in a frame and embellished with a skeleton leaf embellie made by putting some micro beads and chips on, then dipping in UTEE. I like the effect much better than just embossing the item. Further embellished with ribbon and sunflowers, and some pearls.
And here is the original with no background, stamped on a die cut and embellished with leaf embossed with UTEE heated with a heatgun, the ribbon and rhinestones.  This card was adequate, but the remake is a great improvement, I think.

Thanks for calling in, hope you get to make something this week.

LoveLaurenxx

1 comment:

April said...

I too like the 'new' one. The trees seem to get lost on the white die cut to be. And, the top one has better flow and is more dramatic!

TFS!